Summer is the perfect time to give your home a facelift. From bold colors to splashy prints, a few easy decor updates can make your home feel like the tropical beach or calming lake cottage you pine for. Plus, summer is the season for entertaining, and these trendy summer decor ideas are perfect for impressing Aunt Mildred or your BFF at your next annual Fourth of July bash.
1) Florals are so hot right now. If you’ve been considering incorporating this trendy look into your home, summer is the perfect time to make the leap. From wallpaper to shower curtains to the throw pillows seen in this colorful room, it’s easy to add a pop of nature to any room in your house. Bonus: You won’t have to worry about keeping these flowers alive.
2) This year is all about copper. This metal finish can work in both vintage and industrial spaces and instantly adds a touch of glam. Candleholders, coffee tables and kitchen accessories are all easy ways to get this trendy look right now.
3) Hygge is all about effortlessly cozy Scandinavian design. Sleek lines and clutter-free rooms make this look a great choice for bathrooms and kitchens. IKEA is a great affordable way to get the Scandinavian look for less.
4) A little zebra print goes a long way. Channel an African safari and add a few animal print details throughout your home this summer. Some people shy away from this wild design, but as long as you keep it simple with a detailed rug or a fancy throw, you can incorporate it in a myriad of decor styles
5) According to Pinterest trend data, climbing plants are huge this year. You’re probably innately familiar with this look outside on pergolas, but a winding, twisty plant can look super chic indoors as well. It can be hard to train plants to grow the right way, but a plant like an ivy tree can create a super cool jungle-feel in any room.
6) This is another trend that has been around for a while, but isn’t going anywhere. The sun may be blistering outside, but you can enjoy a desert-inspired look inside in the comfort of your air conditioning. These poofs are a perfect way to add a bit of souk-inspired glam (and additional seating space!) to your living room. We also love Moroccan lanterns; hang them on your porch or sun room for instant exotic flair.
7) Admit it–you’ve been to a bar, a restaurant or even a wedding that had string lights everywhere. These country fair-inspired globe lights are super cozy and very on trend. Hang them on a deck or try an indoor version in a kids room or a cozy reading nook.
Source: The Spruce
Collected and published by Arms &McGregor International Realty® editorial team. Get in touch with us at [email protected]