The Top Paint Trends of 2019
- When it comes to design, few things can set the mood of a room more than its hue. Picking out the perfect paint color can be anxiety-inducing—from compiling color swatches to painting test strips, getting the perfect paint color down is really an art form. The good news? Paint isn’t permanent, and mixing it up can be a great way to transform a room without a lot of effort. If you’re looking for a bold new paint idea this year, here are some of the biggest paint trends of 2019 from designers and paint manufacturers alike.
- White Is Still In -White paint may seem like a timeless choice, but according to Annabel Joy from Trim Design Co, white-washed rooms aren’t going anywhere this year. “[We] recommend homeowners abandon the cool grays that have dominated for the past several years and embrace the new neutrals, which are warmer and more complex,” says Joy. This lovely dining room is painted with Benjamin Moore Navajo White, which Joy says is “the perfect backdrop for the primitive decor and old world farmhouse trends we’re seeing the return of this year, especially in kitchens.”This year, don’t shy away from neutrals, but go for warm tones that give a room dimension and depth.
- Benjamin Moore’s Hale Navy -This year, Benjamin Moore introduced 15 hues that they predict will rule 2019. One of our favorites? Benjamin Moore’s Hale Navy, as seen in this stunning entryway. Dark, moody walls have been on the rise over the past few months, and we don’t see the momentum stopping any time soon. Sure, we love bright white walls that open up a space, but deep, rich colors can add endless personality. This dark navy blue creates a stately, chic look perfect for powder rooms, accent walls or entryways.
- Benjamin Moore’s Beau Green -We expect to see Benjamin Moore’s Beau Green everywhere this year. Similar to the deep navy, this rich hunter green is perfect for lending depth to your space. Green adds a lushness that packs a punch and makes a statement. We love the idea of Beau Green in a traditional dining room, den or cozy office. Add a gallery wall with colors that play well with deep green walls, and you’ll create some sophisticated visual interest.
- Benjamin Moore’s Head Over Heels -This enviable master bathroom features three of Benjamin Moore’s 2019 color trends: Decorator’s White(bathroom walls), Head Over Heels (bathroom vanity) and Metropolitan (far wall). This year, we predict we’ll see a whole lot more soft pinks (like Head Over Heels) than ever before. No longer a color reserved for nurseries, pink is now sophisticated and modern. The soft pink vanity shown here offers a pop of color without sacrificing a clean, neutral look. Consider painting a master bedroom or laundry room a soft pink that opens up the room without feeling overly girly.
- Crisp White Is Still In -According to Annabel Joy from Trim Design Co, you don’t have to totally abandon the clean stark whites that have been popular the last few years. This living room is painted with Benjamin Moore’s Super White, which instantly brightens up the space. If you’re considering a cool white, look for rooms that could use a little more natural light. A cool white helps reflect what light you already have and creates the illusion of a spacious, open room.
- Valspar Blushing Bride -Like Benjamin Moore, Valspar also predicts pink will be big in 2019. One of their 12 color trends, Valspar’s Blushing Bride is a modern choice for any home. A little pinker and a little bolder than Benjamin Moore’s Head Over Heels, Blushing Bride is a chic hue we can’t wait to see in every room this year. Soft pinks are warm and calming—consider trying this color in a sitting room (as seen above) or a guest bedroom.
Source: The Spruce