If you’re short on time during the week, yet your house needs a couple of repairs, it’s easy to set aside a few minutes on a Saturday or Sunday to fix up your home. You can take advantage of a number of easy fixes to get your place back in working order without cutting into your time away from work. Here are nine quick 10-minute fixes you can do at home this weekend to revitalize your living space.
1. Grease Squeaky Doors – If you’re getting fed up with squeaky doors that creak every time you open or close them, take ten minutes to spray their hinges with WD-40 or rub on petroleum jelly.
2. Clean Smelly Garbage Disposals – If you’re put off by the smell coming from the garbage disposal in your kitchen, clean off food residue and eliminate odors with baking soda and vinegar.
3. Wash Stained Tubs – If you’ve been tolerating a stained tub for too long, apply a homemade paste made of cream of tartar, baking soda and lemon juice to rub off discoloration.
4. Organize Tangled Cords – If you have one big wad of extension cords in your house, garage or both, take a few minutes on the weekend to separate and organize them with hooks or boxes.
5. Tighten Leaky Faucets – If you’re looking to get rid of the annoying dripping sound coming from your bathroom, dedicate 10 minutes to stopping water waste at the source using a few replacement parts.
6. Conceal Floor Scrapes – If you’re feeling discouraged by the scuffs and gouges on your hardwood, tile, linoleum or other flooring, hide them away with stain markers that match the color of your floor.
7. Lubricate Sticky Windows – If you’ve been putting up with windows that don’t slide open as easily as they have in the past, grease the skids with lubricant spray to open and close them with ease.
8. Freshen Musty Washing Machines – If you’re in the habit of leaving wet clothes in your washer, avoid moisture buildup by leaving the door open between loads and running routine cleansing cycles.
9. Paste Peeling Wallpaper – If your wallpaper is starting to peel off the wall on the edges, spend 10 minutes sticking the corners back onto the wall with wallpaper paste and a dry cloth.
These nine quick 10-minute fixes you can do at home this weekend revamp your house while enhancing your quality of life. They also help keep your home in tiptop shape if you’re thinking of selling it in the near future. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about caring for your household, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
All rights reserved to the initial publisher for Home Actions.
Collected and published by Arms &McGregor International Realty® editorial team. Get in touched with us at [email protected]