- Yellow Kitchens You Must See-If your kitchen feels starved for natural light or could use a few pops of room-warming color, yellow will invigorate your space with a sunshiny vibe. But don’t think you have to paint everything lemon yellow. The refreshing shade comes in a wide range of beautiful hues from amber to muted cream and chartreuse to saffron — and all shades will brighten things up while evoking that cozy feeling. To inspire you to liven up your cooking space, here are our favorite ideas for creating a yellow kitchen.
- Modern Yellow and Black Kitchen-One of the freshest décor trends of the year reinvents the classic yellow-and-brown 1970s kitchen. A favorite contemporary take is this cooking space by Australian design firm Atticus and Milo, which throws a black wall into the mix. Combining glossy surfaces with rustic textures makes this room feel up to date.
- Yellow Base Cabinets-In this Cape Cod-style home by Alys Design based in Pittsboro, North Carolina, base cabinets serve up a heaping dose of lemon yellow. We appreciate how the bright shade warms up the crisp, pale walls.
- candinavian Inspired Cooking Space-Yellow looks terrific against natural, unpolished timbers and even oak veneers as seen in this Scandinavian-inspired kitchen by We Are Papilio based in Somerset, England. The mustardy coloring matches the wood cabinetry while offsetting the stainless countertops.
- Retro Inspired Yellow Kitchen-Pops of yellow enliven a vintage-inspired cooking space by Jackson Design & Remodeling based in San Diego, California. The star in this kitchen is the retro stove by Big Chill in buttercup. Underfoot are square floor tiles in shades of buttercream and golden wheat. The black border around the backsplash and countertop offsets the yellow subway tile.
- Maple Gold Kitchen-When it comes to bold colors, the kitchen is the one place in a home you do not have to play it safe. A relevant instance is this charming example by interior designer, Heide Hendricks from Sharon, Connecticut. The cooking space conveys happiness thanks to a brilliant shade of maple gold. We just love how the energizing hue plays up the soapstone countertop.
- Yellow, Red, and Gray Modern Kitchen-The brilliant primary hues in this kitchen by Aline Architecture are indeed an artistic feast for the eyes. Providing the backdrop are hand-painted gray subway tiles. Next yellow cabinets with hunter green detailing satisfy our inner Van Gogh. Lastly, red features, including the herringbone tile floor, sprinkle on exuberance.
Source: The Spruce
Collected and published by Arms &McGregor International Realty® editorial team. Get in touch with us at [email protected]